How do I change the Administrator password on a Windows Server?
For Windows Server 2012R2
- Log into the server via Remote Desktop Connection.
- Right-click on the start Button and click "Computer Management"
For Windows Server 2016/2019
Please open the Server Manager and click the "Computer Management" under "Tools".
3. Expand Local Users and Groups in the Computer Management and click on Users
4. Right-click on Administrator and select Set Password
5. A warning will pop up. Click on Proceed.
6. Type the new password.
7. Confirm the new password and click OK.
The password has been changed.
Article ID: 199, Created: July 20, 2015 at 3:13 AM, Modified: February 8, 2021 at 1:13 AM