How to Create a VPS from ISO Manually in Hyper-V Manager
1 Obtain the ISO file from the Hosting Server
Please copy the ISO file from the terminal server or download the ISO file from Microsoft and save it in hosting server.
2 Create a new VPS from the ISO image file
2.1 Open the Hyper-V Manager. Then Start to Create a New Virtual Machine
2.2 Click "Next"
2.3 Define the VPS Name and the Location
- Enter the VPS name. For example: Win2012.databasemart.com.
- Create a new folder under C:\Hyper-V\Customers, for example, “DatabaseMart” folder.
- Hyper-V manager will create a new folder under C:\Hyper-V\Customers\DatabaseMart during VPS creation, for instance “Win2012.databasemart.com” as VPS name in the following steps
2.4 Choose Generation 1
2.5 Setup the memory
2.6 Select the Correct Virtual Switch
2.7 Set the VHD size
2.8 Install the Operating System from the ISO Image file. Click "Next".
2.9 Click "Finish"
2.10 Open the Hyper-V manager and Choose "Win2012.databasemart.com". Then Click "Connect"
2.11 Click "Start"
2.12 The VPS will Start to Install via the ISO. Click “Next”.
2.13 Click "Install Now"
2.14 Choose the System you want to Install
2.15 Check on "I accept the license terms" then Click "Next"
2.16 Choose "Custom: Install Windows only"
2.17 Choose the Correct Drive and Click "Next"
2.18 Installing Windows
2.19 Setup the Password after Installation is Finished. Then Click "Finish"
3 Login to the VPS to finish the Setup:
- Configure the IP address or assign one from control panel
- Enable RDP
- Enable the password to never expire
- Enable other features and install the necessary applications.
4 Update the Settings for VPS
The resource allocated to VPS depends on the customer's VPS plan.
4.1 Enable Dynamic Memory.
Setup the Minimum Memory to 50% of the Maximum Memory. For example, if the Maximum Memory is 8GB, then setup the Minimum Memory to 4GB.
4.2 Change the Number of Virtual Processors to 2
4.3 Remove the ISO file from the VPS
4.4 Enable Virtual LAN ID and Enable the Bandwidth Management if Needed
4.5 Enable “Shut down the guest operating system”
5 Start the VPS. Ensure it functions properly.