This tutorial demonstrates how to downgrade a VPS server.
2 The Steps Via SolidCP
Basic Windows VPS to Express Windows VPS is used as an example.
2.1 Sign into SolidCP
- The default Control Panel URL is cpxxxxx.databasemart.com, the username is serveradmin and password is D**********
- Obtain the Control Panel URL from billing if it is not the default
2.2 Search Username
2.3 Click Virtual Private Servers
If the client has several Hosting Spaces, we need to select the correct one to create from the dropdown list.
2.4 Click the Plan
2.5 Click Edit Details
2.6 Revise Plan Configurations
We need to revise current plan information to match target plan configurations.
2.7 Click Virtual Private Servers
2.8 Click VM
2.9 Edit Configuration
3 Steps in Host Server
3.1 Find Host Server Information
We can get host server information from our MIS system.
3.2 Connect to Host Server
Login to the host server through Remote Desktop Connection from the terminal server.
3.3 Click Hyper-V Manager
3.4 Find the Server and Shut it Down
3.5 Click Setting and Reconfigure the Server's Resources
We need to re-configure the server's resources in terms of memory, processor and resize disk dize.
3.6 How to Resize VHD file
3.6.1 Mount the VHD file
The VHD files will show as a new disk on host server once we mount it.
3.6.2 Run PartAssist.exe
- Copy the folders AOMEI Partition Assistant Server Edition 5.5 and VhdResizerSetup from terminal server D:\DBM_Software_Tools to host server first
- Run PartAssist.exe file under folder AOMEI Partition Assistant Server Edition 5.5
- Choose the disk which needs to be resized and click “Resize/Move Partition”, then enter a new disk size。 For example, if we want to resize the disk from 60GB to 40 GB.
- Eject the disk that was mounted before if the disk resize operation has been completed.
3.6.3 Install VhdResizerSetup.msi
- Install VhdResizerSetup.msi on the host serve first
- Resize the VHD file with “Vhd Resizer” tool and save the new VHD file;
- Rename the old VHD file to DBM.test.com-old.vhd, and click Apply. Rename the new DBM.text.com-new.vhd to DBM.test.com.vhd, then click Apply.
3.7 Start VM
4 Check disk size in VM
4.1 Login to the VPS
Connect to the VPS via RD to shrink the disk resource.
4.2 Click “My Computer”
5 Steps in Billing
After the technical part is completed, leave a message to the Billing Department in Skype or transfer the related ticket to billing. They will update the billing information.