This tutorial will show you the simplest way to install desktop environment on Debian 9.
1. Log in Debian server and switch to root
[email protected]:~$ sudo -i
2. Use tasksel tool to install desktop environment
[email protected]:~# tasksel
You will see a list for choosing various desktop environment. Simply pick one of the desktop environment such as XFCE and make sure to check 'Debian desktop environment' also. Start to install the software by clicking 'ok'.
3. Reboot the server and then you may log in XFCE.
[email protected]:~# reboot
Desktop Remote Login
1. Install XRDP and TigerVNC server
[email protected]:~# apt-get install xrdp tigervnc-standalone-server
2. Enable and start XRDP service