Install Windows Server 2008/2003 or Linux as guest Operating System into the Windows Hyper-V server.
Step by Step Guide
1) Create Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine
Make sure to create Windows Hyper-V virtual machine first. Please refer to Step by Step Guide to Create Windows Hyper-V Virtual Machine.
2) Open Windows Hyper-V Manager
Windows Server 2008 Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Hyper-V Manager.
3) Start Virtual Machine
If the virtual machine is not running, You should start it first by right click virtual machine and select start.
4) Connect to Virtual Machine and Start to install guest Operating System
Right click Virtual Machine name and select Connect. The Virtual Machine Connection tool window pops up.
5) Choose install media
Select Media > DVD Driver > Insert Disk... menu item if you want to install guest operating system from .iso file.
6) Select Windows Server 2003 install ISO file
Browse the hard driver and find the .iso file.
7) Install Windows Server 2003
Just click Enter key after step 6. Follow the screen to install window Server 2003.
8) Install Windows Server 2003 CD 2
Change the install media from CD1 to CD2 by choosing Media > DVD Driver > Insert Disk... menu item. Browse the hard driver and find the correct ISO file.
Click the OK button to install the second CD.
9) Install Integration Services and Virtual Machine Drivers
This action will install hardware driver for the virtual machine.
10) Configure Network for Guest OS
Specify a dedicated IP for the virtual machine. So you can access the server from outside with the IP.
11) Enable Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
So you can login to the Hyper-V server with RDP.
Now your Hyper-V server should be ready for you to use.