How to Complete a Certificate Request
If a CSR code is generated on a Windows-based server, completing the certificate request is an important step before applying a certificate on your site.
After completing the following steps, you will get a .pfx certificate file and its import password.
1 Log into the IIS server
Log in to the IIS server where the CSR was generated.
2 Upload the .crt or .pem file
Upload the .crt/.pem file to the server.
3 Complete a certificate request
- Open IIS. Click Server Certificates.
- Click Complete Certificate Request in the right hand of the panel.
- Choose the .crt/.pem file path of the certificate you uploaded before. Name the certificate. Click OK.
4 Get the .pfx file of the certificate
- Select the certificate and click Export.
- Choose the export path. Set a password, which will be used to import the certificate later.
The export path is the place to where you’d like to export the .pfx file.
Please remember/write down the password because it is needed to import the certificate later.
- You will get a .pfx file of the certificate.
5 The next step